Enrolling/Registering a New Student at Black Hawk Middle School
Welcome to Black Hawk Middle School – home of the Panthers! We are excited to have your family and your student join our school. In order to register for school it is important for us to learn as much as we can about your child's previous educational experience. For that reason, we require a sit-down appointment to meet with both you and the incoming student. Please review the following checklist to be sure you have all the required information and then contact your child's counselor at 651-683-8521 to pick up a registration packet and to set up an appointment.
Ms. Runck is the counselor for all students with the last name A – L.
Ms. Beck is the counselor for all students with the last name M – Z.
- A copy of the student's Birth Certificate. If you have lost or misplaced your student's birth certificate, contact the Dakota County Office of Vital Statistics at 651-438-4313. If your child was born out of state, contact a similar office in that state.
- For Special Education Students, we require a copy of the most current IEP and Evaluation Report. Our special education staff will need review this paperwork to determine appropriate placement.
- Proof of Residency - To verify your residence, we require official documentation of your name and household address. Common examples of this documentation may include: purchase or rental agreement, drivers license, gas or electric bill.
- Proof of Guardianship - If you are not the parent/s listed on the birth certificate but are a legal guardian, we will need a copy of legal documentation or a notarized Substitute Caretaker form.
- Immunization Requirements - Must be met per district policies and state laws. Please contact our school nurse, Ms. Herro at 651-683-8521 for questions.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure we receive the above records and to notify the student's previous school of your intent to enroll at Black Hawk Middle School. Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions about our school or the registration process. We look forward to working with you and your child. Thank you!